Pictures!!!

This is the link to my facebook album from Ghana. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4116076068583.171675.1483650181&type=3&l=0b59b0f033

Follow by email!

If you insert your email address into the space below it will email you every time I update :)

Saturday 23 November 2013

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling 22!

Hi friends and family,
In case you didn't know, my birthday is November 26th, which is next Tuesday. I will be turning 23 years old! YAHOO! Anyways, since I won't be home to physically celebrate I thought I'd give you some other options  =D  
 
 
Please check out my friend Jessica's project for her school and donate to her cause, the links are below.

 You can also feel free to send me a package/letter to:
Samantha Bobbe, PCV
Peace Corps Ghana
P.O. Box 5796
Accra-North, Ghana
West Africa 
 
Receiving any type of mail is always amazing! I like chocolate and any other goodies like that. Velveta cheese is awesome here or any cheese flavored things. Deodorant is appreciated. Or really anything else you could think of including will be put to good use somehow. 

I am also making a special request that on my birthday you send me some sort of e-message (either a comment/message on here or facebook) reminding me of something awesome we did together, you're favorite memory, or something like that. I miss everyone so much and I know those message will make my birthday awesome. 
While cleaning my room the other day I found a notebook which was passed around at my going away party. Most of my closest friends were there and wrote something hilarious (mostly because alcohol was involved), but these messages have been an awesome pick me up a few times since I've been here. I'm hoping you guys can replicate that feeling. I'm including some of my favorite parts of messages from my notebook:
Stay safe and we'll party when you get back. Wish you the best in Ghana. - Jessica 
Thank you for everything you have done for me. I love you with all my heart. - Rachel
You are such a great friend. We def need to conversate while you are gone. P.S. I love these slippers! - Jason
I <3 Sam. - Corey
Have fun in Ghana and go to a lot of clubs. (Are there clubs in Ghana?).... if not... make one. YOLO! - Julia
I hope your plane doesn't crash. Did you feel that turbulance? Yeah, that wasn't good. - Julia
But for real... teach those kids some real good math and try not to get attacked by lions. - Julia
(Thanks Julia! Yours makes me laugh the most every time!)
I think you are a great girl and you deserve a great guy. I think you are beautiful and I know you are out of my league. You are one of my best friends.I will rock your world whenever "as a friend". Signed: your hubby, Will Bakke
I love you... BITCH - no signature
Don't die of super monkey AIDS. You're doing wonderful things for people. - Breezy
You're smart, nice, welcoming, non-judgmental and most of all: fun. You are going to do great in Ghana and we all know you will make a difference. My only regret is not knowing you sooner. I think we could've been great friends. - Jaoude
You're the best Sam! - no signature
Samantha Bobbe
She is the greatest girly
Hiku is the tits!
-Sean Joseph 
Say hi to simba for me. Stay away from AIDS, I hear it's a bitch. Sorry I broke into your house once with Calabrese that one summer, it had to be done. - Christian
BOOBS - no signature
There is no better feeling that the feeling of doing exactly what you meant to do! This is the most courageous thing I have ever known someone to do! - Michele 
Sam you are an amazing person and good luck with everything! - Brittany
Get a great tan and stock up on sun screen. P.S. Grab your hot perfect doctor husband! - Arryian
OMG It's Sam! You were always and will always be my favorite in OEM (shh don't tell anybody!) - Kevin
I wish we could have shared more memories but I guess we can do that when you come back.Don't ever forget that you're an amazing person! - Alex
I don't want you to go because you are my drunk buddy. - Meredith 
I'll always remember our Cheerio trail and breaking into (....)'s room or at least trying to. You are going to have such an amazing experience. I'll be counting down the days til you come back! - Maureen 
The last year and a half with you has changed my life. You have been a role model for me with your ambition and your drive. Don't forget all your moments of laughter and love. You're like the big sister I never had and you have changed my outlook on life. See you later chica cuz it will never be goodbye for us. - Tarah 
What do I say? I love your ass! But seriously you are funny, smart and beautiful. You are always happy and make me feel welcome. I am proud to call you a Los friend. - Los

Guys, to be honest I can't tell you how much these messages mean to me. You're all amazing friends and I think about you all the time. Distance doesn't matter when it comes to friendships, the love is still there! Miss all you guys and I can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment