Pictures!!!

This is the link to my facebook album from Ghana. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4116076068583.171675.1483650181&type=3&l=0b59b0f033

Follow by email!

If you insert your email address into the space below it will email you every time I update :)

Saturday 9 November 2013

Help!

Hey guys! One of my closest friends here, Jessica Keeton, is doing an amazing project at her school. She is in the Upper West Region of Ghana. Her classrooms are built to hold about 30 students at a max comfort level. Unfortunately hers hold about 70. She has decided to embark on an amazing journey to build a second school block for her school so that the kids can sit a little more comfortably, the teachers are less overwhelmed, and it is a better teaching/learning environment overall. She is doing a fundraiser to get the money to fund this project and that’s where you guys come in! I know what you’re thinking. Why would I send my hard earned money to Africa so it can just be embezzled by some warlord? Or maybe you’re thinking aww that sounds really nice (hmm, I wonder what I’ll have for dinner tonight?). This is serious though and we would all really appreciate it if you could help out, even something small. The fundraising system that she is using is a grant application called PCPP and it is through the Peace Corps. The community has come up with over 50% of the total costs (which is an much higher than average contribution), and all money donated goes straight to the Peace Corps Volunteer. There is no portion that is cut for any government program or anything like that so you can rest assured that your money is really going to a good cause. The link below will take you directly to the website to donate and the one below that is a link to her blog so that you can see the amazing work she is doing at site and about her life as a Peace Corps Volunteer in general. The third link is a video she has created which I highly suggest you watch. It's got some short interviews from her students and teachers and it gives you a good idea about her situations with the school classrooms. P.S. my birthday and Christmas are right around the corner so if you were thinking about sending me something, but it’s too expensive just donate instead! Every cent helps!  Education is so important to these children and they are being deprived a fair and equal opportunity.You can also email me any questions you may have and I'll send them to her. It's the holiday season so share some love!



www.Jessicakeeton.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment